- Prospective Students
- Admitted Students
- Intensive English
- ESL Academic Bridge
- Intensive Test Preparation
- ESL Credit
- Go English
- EducationUSA Academy
- Au Pair Language & Culture
- University of Colorado Boulder
- About the IEC
Registration and Placement
Registration and Placement takes during the week prior to each new session at the International English Center (IEC). Please visit the Schedule and Tuition page and click on the "Important Dates" button to see specific dates for upcoming registration and placement days.
When you arrive at the International English Center, you will need to:
- Bring proof of your medical insurance (if you don’t have medical insurance, you can purchase it from the IEC).
- Bring a copy of your financial guarantee from an embassy (only for students who are sponsored by an embassy).
- Bring emergency contact information (typically, your emergency contact is your parents). We will need the name, email, and telephone number of your emergency contacts.
- Be prepared to pay any remaining balance for tuition and fees.
When you arrive at the IEC, you will be given an interview and will take two tests in order to place you in the appropriate class level.
- CaMLA Test: You will take an English comprehension test in the computer lab to assess your listening comprehension, grammatical knowledge, vocabulary range, and reading comprehension
- Writing Test: You will write about two given topics so that instructors can assess your writing ability.