- Prospective Students
- Admitted Students
- Intensive English
- ESL Academic Bridge
- Intensive Test Preparation
- ESL Credit
- Go English
- EducationUSA Academy
- Au Pair Language & Culture
- University of Colorado Boulder
- About the IEC
Au Pair Language & Culture
Designed to Meet the J-1 Educational Requirements for Au Pairs
The Au Pair Language & Culture Program is designed specifically for au pairs. Each 8-week course provides 36 hours of instruction. Au pairs can take 2 courses to meet the 72 hours required for a J-1 visa. Courses are designed for intermediate to advanced level speakers of English.
- Explore cultural and historical sites
- Engage with other au pairs
- Polish your writing, reading, listening, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, and presentation skills
- Expand your academic and professional knowledge
- Collaborate on projects and presentations
- Gain confidence communicating in English
- Develop international social & professional networks
|Session||Course Code||Course||Day||Time||2017 Dates||Tuition*|
|Spring 2||NCIE 3501||Advanced Grammar for Au Pairs||Tue/Thur||6:30-8:25 pm||Mar 21-May 18||$300|
|NCIE 3502||U.S. History & Society||Saturday||9 am-12:50 pm||Mar 25-May 20||$300|
|Summer||NCIE 3503||Oral Communication through Storytelling||Tue/Thur||6:30-8:25 pm||June 6-Aug 1||$300|
|NCIE 3504||American Art & Pop Culture||Saturday||9 am-12:50 pm||June 10-July 29||$300|
|Fall 1||NCIE 3505||U.S. & International Business||Tue/Thur||6:30-8:25 pm||Aug 29-Oct 19||$300|
|NCIE 3506||Science, Technology & Society||Saturday||9 am-12:50 pm||Sept 2-Oct 21||$300|
|Fall 2||NCIE 3501||Advanced Grammar for Au Pairs||Tue/Thur||6:30-8:25 pm||Oct 24-Dec 21||$300|
|NCIE 3507||The Sociology of Communities||Saturday||9 am-12:50 pm||Oct 28—Dec 23||$300|
*Additional fees may apply.
Read individual course descriptions here.
Tuition and Refund Policy
Read our Tuition and Refund Policy here.
Download the application form below and apply today.
Cultural & Community Programs Manager